- Care Coordination Program
Care Coordination Program
BCBSRI Care Coordination Program
BCBSRI offers a care coordination program, by enrolling in Care Coordination, you'll have a BCBSRI healthcare professional - a nurse, social worker, health advocate, or dietitian - who works with you and your doctor to help you follow your treatment plan and improve your health.
The Care Coordination can help if you have:
- A serious illness such as lung disease, heart disease, or stroke.
- A serious injury.
- An ongoing health problem that is not under control, such as asthma or diabetes.
- A newborn or child with a complicated medical condition.
- Difficulties in getting the care you need because of cost, transportation, cultural, or other social issues.
10 Ways Care Coordination has helped others
- Saved money on prescriptions and medical supplies
- Learned how to take medications correctly
- Reduced side effects from medication
- Received a timely referral to a behavioral health program
- Stayed out of the hospital.
- Made a safe transition from the hospital to home.
- Received assistance in getting an appointment with a doctor.
- Learned what symptoms to report to the doctor.
- Started an exercise plan and received discounts on fitness memberships.
- Created and followed a health eating plan.
To speak to one of BCBSRI nurses about this voluntary program, please call 401-459-2273 or 1-800-637-7318 x. 2273 (TTY/TDD:711) or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Care Coordination is open Monday through Friday, from 8:15 am to 4:30 PM.