Here you can:
- Get information
- Purchase Orange Bags
- Purchase Recycling Bins
- Pay for chargeable items
- Weigh in for tipping materials
- Questions or concerns
- Lost and found
Things to know:
- For all information and purchases please drive up on the scale for your safety.
- We do not accept out of state solid waste to comply with state laws. If your load originates from CT, please look into other methods of disposal.
- We do not accept debit or credit cards at our facility so please have cash or a check available at time of checkout.
- Please be vigilant when approaching scale, wait at stop sign for vehicle to clear scale before pulling up to window. For your guidance there is a traffic light to the right hand side of scale.
- We do not accept hazardous waste at our facility. For hazardous waste information, please scroll down to the bottom of this page
- Please explore the tabs below for our rates and fees. For any items listed under tipping fees and individual chargeable items please pull onto scale prior to drop off. For anything listed under non chargeable items feel free to proceed to the allocated drop off area. For more information on any of the commodities listed below please check out the area page associated to the item you are looking to drop off.
|Tipping Fees Effective July 1, 2017||Minimum Fee||Price per ton|
|Demolition (within corporate limits of Westerly)||$10.00||$93.00|
|Demolition (outside corporate limits of Westerly)||$20.00||$121.00|
|Solid waste (within corporate limits of Westerly)||$10.00||$93.00|
|Solid waste (outside corporate limits of Westerly)||$20.00||$121.00|
|Commodity Effective July 1, 2017||Fee per unit/gallon|
|Freon appliances including:
Refrigerators, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, water coolers
|Small Propane Tanks (20lbs and under)||$2.00|
|Large Propane Tanks (larger than 20lbs)||$50.00|
|Small Tires (lawn tractor, car, and pickup truck)||$5.00|
|Large Tires (commercial truck)||$15.00|
|Commodity||Drop off location|
|Cooking Oil||Area 4|
|Scrap Metal||Area 2|
|Motor Oil||Area 4|
|Motor Vehicle Batteries||Area 2|
|Sod and Loam||Area 5|
|Fluorescent light bulbs||Area 4|
|Mattresses and Boxsprings||Area 2|
|Stove ashes||Area 5|
|Household paint||Area 4|
|Clothing Items||Area 4|
Household hazardous waste is not accepted at this facility but may be disposed of at Eco-Depot in Johnston, Rhode Island. This is a free service for Rhode Island residents and is by appointment only. For a list of on site and off site collection dates and locations, click here. Call 401-942-1430, ext. 241 to schedule your appointment.
A substance is hazardous if it falls into any of the following categories:
- Toxic: Poisonous or lethal when ingested, absorbed, touched or inhaled
- Flammable/Combustible: Ignites under almost all conditions
- Corrosive/Caustic: Deteriorates metal and causes irreversible alteration of living tissue by chemical action
- Reactive: Creates an explosion or produces deadly vapors